What is a Theatre Week?
Little Voices theatre weeks are a fun and fresh way for your child to spend their half terms and summer holidays. In the space of just four days, we work together to create a performance in which is performed to family and friends on the final day. Not only will every child who comes on theatre week have lines to say, they will have learnt songs, dances and will have made lots of new friends too.
Theatre week is great for building confidence in children, as well as giving children the chance to shine on the stage. We encourage every child to find their own voice and to be the best that they can be. And what better way to do this than through a fun, excited and action packed theatre week?!
Day 1, all the children walk into the room a little nervous, and not quite sure what to expect, however, at the end of the day they leave with a new set of friends, a script and a part that they will take ownership of and perform in the final performance on the afternoon of day 4.
SO we will…
- Learn an entire script in 4 days
- Be part of a big show
- Meet lots of new people and make lots of new friends
- Singing, Acting and Dancing
- Gain confidence
- Props and costume excitement!
- Learn how to behave on the stage including the dangers and the fun that can be involved on the stage
- Learn new acting and vocal skills
- Team building skills