Every child and young person matters
The security and safety of the young students in our groups is the responsibility of us all. Here at Little Voices we take our responsibility very seriously. To ensure the welfare of each child, and their group, and too keep them safe from all harm, our tutors are aware of the procedures and standards expected by all those who have responsibility for their welfare. All our staff hold DBS clearances.
To provide a place where:
· Every child is healthy and safe
· Each child is able to enjoy and achieve the activities
· Each child is able to make a positive contribution without causing harm to themselves or others
With common sense we should be observant and alert to the potential indicators of abuse, neglect or potential risk for each child. We must be:
· Alert to strangers who could be a risk to the children and in fact anyone within the working environment who may well be familiar
· Able to contribute to whatever actions are needed to promote the child’s welfare.
· Aware that we cannot undermine the parent child relationship when issues have been identified.
· Aware of each child’s need and circumstances in order to respond accordingly
· Aware that we must bring any issues to the immediate attention of the Company’s directors and which we believe could interfere in the security and welfare of each and child and/or the group.